Social Services

22 South 9th St
New Rockford, ND 58356
Monday - Friday, 8:00-12:00 / 12:30-4:30

Central Prairie Human Service Zone

(Eddy, Foster, Wells Counties)

Central Prairie Human Service Zone provides assistance in determining eligibility to assist people and families for the following programs:

SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), Medicaid, Child Care Assistance, TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), LIHEAP (Heating Assistance), Long Term Care/Basic Care. 

Social Workers provide Child Protection Services and work with children and families to preserve and encourage a strong, safe, and healthy family life. To report child abuse/neglect, please call the North Dakota Child Protection Services Intake Unit at 833.958.3500.

HCBS (Home and Community Based Services) provides assistance to elderly and disabled people to remain in their homes. HCBS is coordinated through a Centralized Intake Unit, which can be reached by calling 855.462.5465.

For Information on Long Term Care/Basic Care, please call the State Intake Unit at 701.328.1180 or 833.755.0235(toll free).

Counseling services are provided by Lake Region Human Service Center. Therapists meet clients at the East Central Center for Exceptional Children and also make home visits.  To make an appointment, call Lake Region Human Service Center at 701-665-2200 or 1-888-607-8610.

The Department of Human Services has a portal where people can apply online for traditional Medicaid, Medicaid Expansion, and other economic assistance programs. People can also complete their reviews online. People who choose to apply for the Medicaid expansion online will be referred to the federal Health Insurance Marketplace.  To access the portal go to

Human Service Zones are teaming up to serve you better and faster. As of February 13, 2023, all emails regarding Economic Assistance programs, should be directed to the Customer Support Center at All telephone calls regarding Economic Assistance programs should be directed to: Toll Free 1-866-614-6005 or 701-328-1000. Any calls received at local offices will be routed to the Toll-Free number listed above.


More Information